From Jen: It feels like Robert has learned how to do so many new things in the last 6-8 weeks, so I decided to make a list for you:
1. He’s a super crawler. (See post “Crawling Away From His Past 4/29)
2. He can hold onto furniture (or grown-up legs) and pull himself into a standing position.
3. He can cruise sideways a few steps while holding onto furniture.
4. He can move sideways from one piece of furniture to the next, provided they aren’t too far apart.
5. He can stand for a couple of seconds on his own when the balance is just right.
6. He can wave hello.
7.He can eat dry cereal (so far it’s Gerber Graduate puffs and Cheerios)
8.He has slept through the night on a few occasions in the last week and we’re keeping our fingers crossed that we’re over the hump.
9.He’s babbling and trying to talk A LOT! He called Jen “Mom” on purpose (meaning that he looked at me, said “Mum” and looked pleased when I acknowledged him).
10. He pooped in his bathtub (I know it’s gross, but I felt like it deserved a mention. At least I didn’t take pictures).
Also of note, we got to go to the Awakenings Birth Services Family Picnic today. The midwives who took care of Robert and me also got to see how much he’s grown. Here’s a picture of him with one of the midwives, Sharon. She’s pretty special to us, as she was with me through a lot of my labor, went to the hospital with us when it became necessary, and did most of our post-partum visits.